The employment of foreign workers is regulated by quotas or restrictions. Domestic and foreign companies established in Peru may employ foreign residents up to a maximum of 20% of the total personnel of a company. It is also important to know that their salaries cannot exceed 30% of the total payroll.
We help multinational companies to draft the Peruvian work contract according to the local law to hire foreign employees. Under certain conditions, it is possible to get exempted from these quotas. You can contact our attorneys for further counselling.
STEPS TO GET THE WORK PERMIT IN PERU
- Work contract draft and review
- Preparation of the letters, POA, affidavit, etc.
- Documents signature and collection
- Work contract submission before the Ministry of Labor
- Work contract approval and notification to the Peruvian company
- Interpol Clearance
- Preparation, collection, translation and legalization of the corresponding documents
- Visa application before the Immigration office (in Spanish Superintendencia Nacional de Migraciones)
- Registration in the Foreigners record and Resident card collection