We do not handling the Permanent Residence Visa due to its certain specificity but our specialists could offer you a good consulting.
Applying for a residence permit
Applying for permanent residency can take place either before or while you are in South Korea. However, it may be easier to get this completed prior to leaving. Along with many of the documents already listed for obtaining a visa (see our other articles in this section), you will also need:
- Exact address of residence in South Korea
- Copy of your national ID card/permanent resident card (front and back)
Naturalization – becoming a South Korean citizen
Acquirement of citizenship in South Korea is increasing in popularity but in no way easy.
However, for those who have no such connections to Korean citizens, the process becomes much more difficult. Obtaining citizenship is possible but will require ardent proof that the applicant has a serious desire to become a citizen.
The application process may include some of all of these requirements:
- at least five years of residence in South Korea
- proficiency in language (reading, writing, and speaking)
- knowledge of Korean culture and history
- an interview & written test